The health care environment is one that relies heavily on the flow of and access to information. Technology Services enables the digital workplace required to support the provision of health care to British Columbians.
In the Lower Mainland, Technology Services is responsible for:
- Management of foundational technology such as unified communications (voice, data, video)
- Databases and servers
- Integration of emerging technologies to support advanced clinical systems
- Management of a province-wide, high-speed data network which delivers the best possible bedside/mobile/nursing-station experience
Technology Services oversees the management of over 64,000 workstations across 259 sites and the infrastructure for the province’s centralized data centre.
Due to its unique provincial visibility, Technology Services is also accountable for province-wide services such as the E-Health Network Gateway and the Physician Private Network.
Technology Services is led by the following leadership team:
- Phil White, Chief Technology Officer
- Ajay Kapur, Acting Provincial Director, Architecture & Security
- Cam Haley, Provincial Director, Project Services
- Vicente Herrera, Provincial Director, Technology Services Operations
- Bal Kang, Provincial Director, Customer and Business Services