A Value Analysis Team (VAT) is an objective, formal, customized partnership between Supply Chain and the health authorities’ clinical and operations leader representatives.
The purpose of creating VATS is to develop the partnership between Supply Chain and the health authorities’ clinical and operations leader representatives in order to optimize safety and quality of patient care, improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
A VAT provides a forum for provincial discussion on best clinical practices as well as a broader discussion on standards regarding required equipment and supplies. Clinician involvement is essential in choosing the appropriate products for use in the BC healthcare system to meet Patient Care Standards. VATs are an opportunity for stakeholders to learn from each other, bring forward equipment and/or product concerns that possibly impact care, as well as discuss upcoming changes that could impact current products, contracts or practices.
- Medical Equipment Provision Program
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Respiratory Therapy
- Skin and Wound Care
- Vascular Access and Infusion Therapy
VATs may achieve the following benefits:
- Align patient care delivery strategies with sourcing strategies
- Improve products to enable care pathway enhancement, safety, efficiency and standardization
- Develop best practices through continuous dialogue and research supported by timely data analysis
- Support innovation in patient care practices by reviewing and discussing new technology
- Enable analysis of the root causes of contract and practice compliance variation